Shaving can be difficult and painful at times, especially in sensitive areas like the bikini area. Choosing to have the hair removed in this area with laser hair removal can help to reduce the amount of time and energy spent grooming this challenging region.
Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about laser hair removal and having it done in the bikini or Brazilian area.
What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is the process of hair removal by means of exposure to pulses of laser light that destroy the hair follicle.
Does Brazilian laser hair removal hurt?
Surprisingly to some, Brazilian laser hair removal does not hurt more than any other area of the body. Your technician will work with you to ensure the pain is minimal and you can choose to take a break at any time.
How long does laser hair removal last?
Although laser hair removal is permanent, your hair is still going to grow back eventually. While you might not need a touch-up for two to six years once you're done with treatments, touch-ups are typically needed at least one to four times a year. Though eventually, some hair will grow back, it'll grow back finer and less coarse than what you had before. There is also typically a reduction in the density or numbers of active hairs in the treated area.
How do I prepare for Brazilian laser hair removal?
You should take a shower to ensure cleanliness and open pores prior to your treatment. Be sure to dress comfortably since you will be staying in one place, will need to remove clothing and may be a bit tender afterwards. Exfoliate and shave the area you are having lasered. You may also want to consider taking pain relievers before your treatment if you have a low pain threshold.
What are the benefits of laser hair removal?
- It’s quick and though you’ll need a few sessions to fully remove hairs, the sessions are also quick
- It’s less painful than other hair removal methods such as waxing
- It’s very precise as the laser targets only a few hairs at a time so you can get the exact shape you prefer and will not end up with any strays or missed hairs
- It reaches those hard to reach areas, making hair removal simpler and less likely to cause injuries or cuts
- It prevents ingrown hairs by getting the hair at the root. This means regrowth isn’t prone to becoming ingrown
- Regrowth is also uncommon and happens infrequently and comes back finer if/when it does
- You save a lot of time not having to shave, pluck, wax or sugar the area which can be quite sensitive
Brazilian laser hair removal is a fast and effective way to groom your bikini area and cut down on the amount of time spent. You get great results that last with just a few short sessions of laser hair removal. Talk to your favourite clinic about the option today!