In today's environment kids have stresses that go beyond the almost 8 hours a day they spend in the classroom. This will often include family commitments, extracurricular activities and their own personal hobbies and desires. While homework, classroom projects and various assignments add more to their busy schedules – struggling with a subject can intensify the stress and threaten to take the fun out of being a kid altogether.
Math can often be the source of this stress as it doesn’t come easy to all children and the nature of math as a subject is such that the concepts build upon each other over time. When children struggle with math it can be especially difficult as they may become disengaged as the concepts become more foreign and challenging as each school year passes.
Witnessing this can be disheartening for parents and while it’s key to acknowledge that math challenges don’t indicate a lack of intelligence or motivation to learn, it’s also important to recognize there is help available with the support offered through private math tutors at home.
While it may take some time and research to find the right math tutor for your family and your kids, it’s always worth it! The importance of math tutors will last your kids far beyond their schooling lives, and will build confidence and self-esteem in more ways than one.
Here are some of the ways that a great private math tutor at home can benefit your child:
- Flexible learning: Private math tutoring gives kids the opportunity to learn when it works best for them. Because no two children learn the same, private math tutoring allows children to have control over their learning.
- Stress-free learning environment: In-class math instruction can be intimidating for children, and even more so when they’re struggling! Being surrounded by their peers means kids can’t alway express the problems they’re having, and can’t ask the appropriate questions in order for them to gain an understanding. Hiring a private math tutor for your kids allows them to express their struggles and seek the clarification they need to succeed.
- Control your time: Hiring a private math tutor at home gives you - and your child - a sense of control over your time! It allows you to give the role of teaching over to a qualified professional. This saves you the extra research time, and your child the extra time it takes to understand their parents!
- One-on-one learning: Private math tutor is exactly that - private! While teachers try hard to accommodate the needs of the children in their class, they can’t always give children who struggle the time and attention they need. Private math tutoring gives students the chance to learn in a one-on-one environment, getting personalized lesson plans tailored directly to their needs.
- Doesn’t feel like school: This benefit is pretty self-explanatory: private tutoring doesn’t feel like school! A class of peers doesn’t always allow for new methods to be taught, or different strategies to be explored in the same way that a tutor does.